Monday, May 10, 2010

Violin 小提琴 Vitula


Playing the violin has always been my childhood dream, or more like one of my secret ambitions. Well, it's no more a dream now that I have started learning. =)

Baroque music is empowering and the sound of violin is just as wonderful.

And later, as soon as I heard The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi, I fell in love with the strings... "Winter" is peppered with silvery staccato notes from the high strings, calling to mind icy rain, whereas "Summer" evokes a thunderstorm in its final movement, which is why the movement is often dubbed "Storm."

To me, it is the most emotional musical instrument.
Sometimes it sounds like a soft speaking lady, sometimes a crying child, sometimes a heroic warrior, sometimes a blossoming flower, sometimes a lonely willow tree....

Time flies, it's been 6 months since my first violin lesson.
With the festive holidays in between, I have taken fewer lessons than I should have.
But the progress that I've made so far is something that I'm proud of. =)
Although I've been struggling with the basics, I've recently learnt to RELAX and ENJOY movements on the strings. Thanks to Ms.Yap, my truly amazing teacher.

No comments:

a random piece worth sharing with~~~